Should I go to the Bank or stay in Retail as a Manager?

I am a trainee manager at the retail company(branch) and my program is going to end next year,I currently hold a degree in Marketing from the university and next year starting honours in Marketing on part time basis.I would like to join the bank.What positions can I occupy in the bank?I believe the bank pay better since It may be exact for my qualification. Basically what make me want to leave is because the assistant manager position of which I can be appointed for after my training pay less and you are also required to work on the weekends.

Banks don't hire in people directly to management positions. They have to get there by experience and ability and have always risen through the ranks.

• Boy20104 weeks agoReport

I understand that basically banks take into consideration a persons qualification other than retail obviously you need to go through some training with the bank also gain some skills in order to qualify for management position otherwise the bank pay better,as long i do work for graduates.

If you think the bank position is closer to your field of study, then go for it. But remember that you'll have to start from the bottom again and work back up. Whereas in the retail position, you're already on a higher rung.

• Boy20104 weeks agoReport

Basically the trainee manager position at retail hasn't have much value as compared to position at the bank in my field of study, salaries being paid are the witness.