Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthOther - Health · 1 month ago

Who took my husband to the hospital ER?

My husband was admitted to the hospital's emergency room because he fainted at a "friends" house.  The nurse at the hospital called to tell me he was in the emergency room because he fainted, and that they were going to run some tests.  My husband is alert but all he would tell me is that he was at a friend's house, he felt faint and asked the friend to call an ambulance.  The hospital won't tell me how he got there.  Is there a way for me to find out how he was transported to the hospital and where exactly he was picked up from?

• Andy C
    Best Answer

Wait for the ambulance bill. Then you will know exactly what vehicle brought him there.

You won't be able to determine from where or when.

Patients have rights to privacy. Wish you accorded your family members the same.

So you suspect your husband is having an affair? If he won't tell you whom he was with, that's certainly a red flag. But perhaps you should focus on his health for the time being.

Its is privacy rights they are not wanting to violate; HIPAA

• Linda

If the hospital won't tell you, probably not. I would wait until they know what is wrong with your husband and why he fainted which should be your first concern, then when your husband is feeling like himself again then ask him. If he won't tell you, then there is a problem there.

That maybe on your husband medical records. In order to get those, he will have to request them, or tell the hospital that you are HIPPA compliant and can access records. His providers are probably more concerned with his health. You can always call his friends to, and ask.

Relax, you can bring out your rolling pin and bang it on his head, after he gets out of hospital. As for obtaining all of that info, the answer is no, there are privacy laws at work here. If you really want to know what he was doing beforehand, then you'll just have to ask him, for what its worth.

Why would you think anybody could answer your question?

one of the friends called the ambulance to take him to the hospital.

u should visit him and hold hands with him.

• Ray J

You'll find out when you get the bill.

It seems like you are focusing on unimportant things.

• I don't think so. I went to the hospital; he is doing well, but he will stay overnight to be monitored. My husband is a gambler and a cheater. I have been wanting a divorce for a long time now, but he will not give me one. I'm hoping that the answer to this question can give me grounds for divorce.