Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw Enforcement & Police · 3 weeks ago

It is known that many crimes are committed due to addicts trying to get drugs or to get drug money. So why don't we offer free or low cost?

drug rehabilitation centers so we can get people off drugs? Thus stopping a lot of crimes?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

We Do. . Many don't want to or get paranoid delusions from the drugs that they will get busted when they check in.

There are free Oxycoton clinics Everywhere.These have been around since at Least 2012. Abuse of prescription drugs is actually more widespread than abuse of illegal drugs. Thefts of it, phoney prescriptions. Again, those addicted to legal. P. drugs rather would stay on it. A: " bad back" is an excuse to get SSDI, welfare, etc. Getting off the drugs isn't.. Laziness, and, the Devil you know....

Jerry Garcia died coming off the big H. In Betty Ford clinic. Fear. A friend's wife committed suicide trying to come off prescription morphine.

Ever Seen anyone going cold turkey of opiates? Not Pleasant.

Source(s): met addicts in jail/ADC. renters addicted to P. drugs. a good friend who became a widower.
  • Bruce
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

It won't work because addicts do not want to quit.

• A REAL cop, Again., Knows there are free clinics Everywhere. Oxtycoton clinics advertise in newspapers.

• 3 weeks ago

I don't do drugs, I have never done drugs. I don't plan on using drugs.

I commit no crimes.

I've had 8 major surgeries and know what pain is. I decided to just experience the pain and get through it. And not experience less pain, and become an addict on top of it all.

Not doing drugs works every time.

• 3 weeks ago

Cause reality sucks and a good high makes it better. They dont want rehab. They want better reality

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

How about we just make those drugs cheaper.

• 3 weeks ago

that's what they do in large cities and it works, wouldn't it be great if the federal government supported these programs all over the country instead of locking people up

• These are Everywhere. No, it only works for the few that truly want it. Many rather stay hooked.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.