Help me relocate these bee’s please <3?

A small swarm of bees have moved into my fence in my back yard and they’re building a hive. I love them and don’t want to harm or kill them, but I don’t want anything bad to happen to them. Where they are is not the safest place because it tends to rain a lot. It hasn’t rained for a couple of weeks, but it’ll rain on Friday, so I’m kinda panicking. I want to relocate them, but maybe buy a small beehive? I don’t know where I could get one for a small swarm, but I just want them to be safe and stay alive. Any help or suggestions? I’m willing to build something too, but I just don’t know where to start. The picture included is the swarm, and the queen is inside the middle. 

Best Answer

While traveling, bees often stop to rest for a few days before they move on to find a permanent home. It is quite obvious that these bees aren't going to make that fence a long term home. They cluster around the queen as she looks for a new home.

An exterminator will come out and kill them so don't call them! If you must, call a local bee keeper or bee removal expert who collects the bees and relocates them to a safer spot.

• David

Lighter fluid and Zippo . You can relocate them to heaven.

Leave them alone for now. If they don't move on after a few days (this may be a temporary rest stop) contact a local beekeeper, they'll collect them for nothing to add to their collection. The swarm isn't daft, if they find the position untenable they'll move on.

Look online for local beekeepers. They should be happy to relocate them for you, to one of their hives. Usually, no charge.

Bee's do not melt in water. They were surviving in the rain for millions of years before humans appeared. If you are not an experienced bee keeper, leave them alone.

leave them alone.