What does it mean by a "clean driving record?"?

I'm thinking about applying to Domino's to deliver, but they say you need a "clean driving record." I have had no violations or citations whatsoever in the past five years; however, I have, this year, had the rotten luck of having been in three accidents; none of them were my fault, and I thus got no citations. The problem is that my DMV report just says I was in an accident and does not say whose fault it was. Will I be disqualified?

No, your accidents won't automatically disqualify you. Most of the answers you've received aren't lies, they're just completely wrong. That said, there is no guarantee that your local Domino's has to hire you. Hiring people is the store owner's decision, and they do have some deciding power of their own.

Your driving record does not just say "accident", because that's not how driving records work. There will be a code, usually some letter-number combination, either next to the wording or next to the occurrence date. I don't know where you live, so knowing what the exact codes are is out of the question, but it's there. And anyone who asks for a copy of your driving record is expected to know how to actually read it.

boh............... 

It means no tickets or accidents. They do it because insuring bad risks costs a lot more than good risks.

Does not matter who was at fault.

• Erik

Go ahead and apply. Go to the store you want to work at and explain it to them. Bring some sort of documentation from your insurance company, so they don't just have to take your word. Even then, you've lost nothing, since the worst thing they can do is not hire you. And make sure you work in a place that has rich customers, you'll make more money.

Source(s): I work at Domino's
  • May

"Will I be disqualified?"

Because of the 3 accidents, your record is not "clean" so you may be disqualified.....but,....only Domino's can answer that question for certain.

Yes, expect to be disqualified by their insurance company. Accidents on your record do not constitute a clean driving record, citations or not.

• Steve-O3 weeks agoReport

But it wasn't my fault. I was rear-ended at a red light all three times.