Why is God so GREAT?

My name is Deborah and I have been a devout Christian since birth. I have a loving husband of 42 years and 3 beautiful daughters that OBEY the me and word of the Lord. Atheists, do you have this kind of happiness? 

• Git

Yes, you are indeed a blameless and upright Christian. I wish you and your family health and happiness.

You kind of remind me of the biblical Job, also a blameless and upright man who had received many blessings in his life just like you. Therefore, I hope you will not face Job’s trial and tribulations such that even a blameless and upright man like Job, someone who was praised by god himself, is driven to utter these words:

Job 9:32-35

32 “He is not a mere mortal like me that I might answer him, that we might confront each other in court.

33 If only there were someone to mediate between us, someone to bring us together,

34 someone to remove God’s rod from me, so that his terror would frighten me no more.

35 Then I would speak up without fear of him, but as it now stands with me, I cannot.

Just celebrated my son's 30th birthday and engagement for a civil service down the line, with a girl! Not that I would care, you would. Yep. No God involved in our relationships.

No. The particularity of the gods is to be non-existant, since all are men creations.

So, with the emphasis you put on OBEY, is this what makes you happy? Obedience? I am quite happy without such slaves. My children are grown and have a head on their shoulders. I taught them to think for themselves and not blindly OBEY like a dog. Gestapo OBEY. Soldiers OBEY. Slaves OBEY. You and your slave driver god can go take a long walk off a short pier.

Cheers :D

I have been happily married for 46 years,

and have two wonderful children

and two amazing grandchildren.

Congratulations on your fine family.

--

Regards,

John Popelish

• Yes actually I do. I am a Nurse of 15 years, working at the 5th largest cardiac hospital in the nation, I have loved three women in my life with a warrior's passion, I have helped to raise a stepson that deserved a much better father than the one he was given by birth, I have loved fiercely and been loved in kind, I have taken care of my elderly mother from the time I was 15, I have had loving pets.

I have a career defined by ethics, morals, compassion, and love for my fellow man. I try every day to make sure that I am making the right choices in every aspect of my life. I do not cheat, steal, lie, drink, smoke, or use drugs. I am of an even temper and rarely become angry.

I am healthy and strong, and am active, hiking, kayaking, camping, fighting in full armor.

I have many varied hobbies and pursuits. I read a great deal.

I simply do not need a "god" to tell me what to do, what is right and what is wrong, or how to live my life.

• Doc

With fictional characters , there can be anything

If I find happier Muslims should I become a Muslim? How about if I find even happier Hindus?

• Brian

So, let's see. You're happy, have a family, yada yada yada, but you're on YA instead of being with your daughters and hubby.

Uh huh.

• Brian
      1 month agoReport

So, you're in bed with hubby, and you're on YA.

Nope, not buying it.

• Praise be Jesus Christ.