Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social SciencePsychology · 1 month ago

I’m 23 but feel like a child?

I’m not talking about maturity thing come on talking about a psychological problem. It’s to the point where if I’m out dating someone my age, I feel like a child pretending to be an adult. I haven’t been able to progress to the next stage of my life mentally, and I think part of the reason is because I’ve been programmed by my parents to feel super dependent on them emotionally and financially. I so badly want to advance into the next teach of adulthood but it feels impossible, like I can see the end of the tunnel but there’s a ball and chain keeping me back. 

Is there anything I can do?

Sorry for all the typos, I was using voice recognition to write this out. 

The ball and chain are of your own creation

So create some keys or bolt cutters and free

Yourself, treasure the real child within thanks

In the whole world there is no one just one you!

Thanks

Very Best Wishes

Mars

Source:) General knowledge

• j153e

Be patient with yourself, honor your inner childlike grace, joy, and seek to heal childish fear, etc. That provides a continuity of maturation. Reading books like "For Couples Only," "Understanding Yourself" by Mark Prophet, "Youth: Creators of the Future," "101 Things Every Young Adult Should Know," "Quarter-Life Breakthrough," would also be helpful.

• Kyle

consider joining the military. that will force you to start learning to make your own decisions and taking care of yourself real quick.

they have hundreds of jobs that aren't all combat or infantry related. plenty can find similar jobs when your service i over. you can view ALL the jobs they offer on the branches websites, but you only qualify for them via the ASVAB (high school level), if the job is in demand, and other factors like security clearance. a recruiter will have more info.

military life style isn't for everyone. but it's an option for those that don't want or can't handle college, or can't afford it. you get paid training, and valuable experience for four years. some jobs require six year contract. but the experience you can put on a resume when your service is done is plenty for some companies and may not need a college degree. but if you wish to earn one, the GI Bill will help pay for most, if not all of it.

it's a big life commitment, adjustment, and responsibility. but plenty of people join to step out of their comfort zone, get on their own and start your life, learn a skill, or other benefits like college. do some research. then see recruiters for more info and next steps.

I’m at the same stage and you just gotta keep living life and doing stuff your age like college and a job etc.