Anonymous

Why are Asians students so smart?

There's this Vietnamese girl in my class who made a 34 on her ACT the first time she took it. I've known her since 1st grade and she has always done well in school. And she said English's not her first language. I've been speaking English my whole life and have a 22 in the, guess what, English portion of the ACT.

It's due to their pure culture and a healthy diet. Asians don't eat crap like Western people and get fat. But most important, it's definitely their culture which promotes hardwork, respect, obedience, values, purity of mind and meditation. Asians are less likely to indulge in senseless topics like sex, bodybuilding, alcohol and pleasure.

That's why, I respect Asians. By Asians I mean, All East Asians and even south Asian Indians. (I'm an Indian)

asians of immigrant parents in western countries are way different than asians from their home country

it has less to do with being asian, and more to do with environment and cultural embedding

There are 4.5 billion people in Asia in forty eight countries stretching from Turkey to Timor Leste. Asia has thousands of languages and cultures and people of every shape and size and every possible shade of skin colour from palest to darkest. How does one Vietnamese girl represent all of them?  

"Asian"  is not a race, it is not an appearance, it is not a skin colour, it is not a level of intelligence, it is not an ability or dedication to learn. It simply means one of the three fifths of the people of the world who live on the largest continent.

You mean "Why is that Vietnamese girl in my class so smart?"??? You can't use one person to represent a WHOLE RACE....

Andddd It's called studying and dedication.

First generation Americans (children of immigrants/refugees) tend to do better in school and are more dedicated.

Asian men look like janitors so much esp. Vietnamese men.