I think I was scammed? Is there anything I can do? ?

Hello.

There was a Snapchat ad last month that was a buy one get one free on one of those “save the turtle” straws. My little sister’s been wanting them so I decided to swipe up and buy it for her, $18, the date was: 9/12. I emailed them after two weeks since I hadn’t received my straws and someone responded saying: “Hey 👋 were extremely back ordered but dont worry your order should ship out soon.” It’s been over a month, and I’ve sent them multiple emails - but no one has responded to any of them. It either I was scammed or these straws are probably being shipped from China or something but I have no idea what’s going one with the whole thing. Ive tried to get back to their site recently and the url is not working anymore either. This is sketchy. Has anyone else experienced this? Is there anything I can do about it? 

I don’t care about the money at this point since it was so long ago. I just want to know what might’ve happened and is there anything I can do to help this from happening to other people, or to possibly get the people who did this scam thing in trouble. 

• keerok

"Back ordered" means the sellers don't have the item which is still either on the way to them or worse still under manufacturing from their source.

What I can see is you have two choices. Wait further or ask for a refund.

• .

call credit card company to get your money back

• Bill

You could call your credit card company and maybe get the charge refunded.