hypothetically if became obscenely rich, would i be able to pay to have my favourite anime continued to multiple seasons?

From what ive been told, a 13 episode anime season nowadays costs $2 million to have made, thats the total costs.

Now, if i was to say, come around as an investor and offer to front the entire production cost with no expectation of getting the money back with any sort of priority, though i would expect to get a sufficient cut of the profits to recoup enough i can go reinvest that money again into another series with minimal loss. And assuming all these anime end up profiting in the long term, then ill also get a profit, though i wouldnt be greedy about it.

What sort of conditions would there need to be for me to go ahead and do this sort of thing? frivelously trying to fund a few burnable million into new seasons of anime where the only reason it wasnt continued sooner or at all was because the first season didnt do well enough to merit making another out of the companies own pocket.

I have no idea what conditions i would have to meet but, other than basically donating the money, is there a viable scenario where i can throw the money around but still get it all back (eventually), in a way that is still appealing for the anime studios?

Update:

for public broadcast as usual, just that, what i would ensure is that the studio does not end up at a loss, funding wise.

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 weeks ago

No. No studoo is going to make a show, even if funded privately, if they're not sure its going to be screened or distributed.

And your funding would not cover the cost of that.

• Raditz
    Lv 6
    4 weeks ago

If you wanted to produce an original anime that wasn't using other people's work as the material, then yes, you probably can. You can pitch your ideas to one of the animation studios in Japan, and see if they want to work with you or not.

But if you wanted to produce an anime that were based on someone's work, then you need to contact the author and also everyone that has publishing right of it.

Another thing that you need to look out was the animation studio's schedule. The reason was not all of them has the time and manpower to do multiple projects at once, since most of them were already burdened with the seasonal animes. So even if your project was approved, it probably won't be worked upon after a while, especially if you're using well-renowned studios.

Lastly, you then also need to allocate budget for marketing purposes, since the anime needs some kind of exposure in order to be known by most people. This includes CMs, posters, banners, etc.

• 4 weeks ago

The studio would probably rather do projects that they think will make money and gain positive publicity for the company. But yes, if everyone agreed you could hypothetically do this.

• 4 weeks ago

No. And even if you gave them a billion dollars with no strings attached, that wouldn't help you get any anime made. It's up to the intellectual property holders whether or not their material is adapted into an anime. If they don't want any more seasons, it won't happen.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.