Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkBeer, Wine & Spirits · 4 weeks ago

Is it normal for a former heavy drinker to dislike getting drunk?

I’m a 110lb female who used to drink over a fifth of vodka per day sometimes two fifths.  I cut back when I started puking and pooping blood regularly it was so painful.  A year and a half later now I rarely have more than a couple drinks, I just don’t enjoy being drunk anymore 

It is perfectly normal.

More often than not,

there inevitably comes a time

when you go past a point of "saturation"

and your cravings & enjoyment don't seem to be there any more.

It is not unusual for that to happen, at all.

Yeah its not worth the bad feeling afterwards ..... dont over do it.

There are times where something doesn't taste good for awhile like wine for me. Been drinking more beer lately.

I suspose that would be normal.I could never imagine why anyone anytime would ever want to be drunk but that's just me.KEEP UP the good work you have earned many kudo's.

• Dimo

You grew up.....

• snafu

It must have got to the point where your body was telling you your drinking was a major threat to your health. Now subconsciously you associate alcohol with sickness. Best heed its warning.

• .

Well, people tend to learn from experience. And I guess you have learned the really bad effects of heavy drinking of liquor.