How much will my security deposit be?

Security deposit for this apartment I want can be anywhere from $200- a months full rent which is 725. Not th best credit score ranging from 410-508 through all 3 credit bureaus. NO EVICTIONS, BANKRUPTCIES, but a collection from ONE hospital bill, of course student loans, and my biggest concern... Credit cards!!! LOTS OF MISSED PAYMENTS ON CREDIT CARDS AND LOANS, AND PROBABLY MY CAR NOTE. What is good security deposits amount I could maybe get ranging from $200 - 725. I also make 3xs the rent amount easily and then some. Will this credit cards get me denied AUTOMATICALLY whether I make enough and don't have evictions or will the apartments simply approve me because I have no evictions and make the income limits and it be a higher security deposit and how much? I know it depends just thought id get some input! (:

9 Answers

Relevance
  • R P
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

I wouldn't accept you as a tenant due to all of the missed payments.You have shown that you do not honor your contractural (sp) obligations & would have no problem with not paying the rent.

That said, if you are accepted for residency, you should probably expect yo pay the highest amount for the security deposit.

• 3 weeks ago

You or someone you know got a 410 credit score and you are wondering if 410 is a good credit score. In other words, is a person's creditworthiness good if his or her credit score is 410?

First, to put the 410 credit score (FICO) in perspective, credit scores range from 300-850. The higher the number, the better the credit score is.

A 410 credit score is a very low credit score and means bad credit.

So if you are considered at all you will be charged the highest security deposit.

• n2mama
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

Your credit will likely keep you from getting the apartment. If you do get approved, they will almost certainly maximize the security deposit, because that credit score makes you high risk. You don’t have a score that low without a lot of unpaid bills (which you admit to), and that’s risky for a landlord.

• RICK
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

A credit rating rsnging from 410 to 508 sucks

If you are allowed to rent with that credit score you will pay a full months rent

Where I live even with a 800 score security deposits are equal to one months rent

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Maxi
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

Most security deposits cost the same as the monthly rent amount...... however you will find it very difficult to find any landlord to rent to you with such a bad credit record and with you in so much debt

• 3 weeks ago

of course student loans? you could have gone to community college, then state and worked during that time...going part time if you needed to pay the tuition...

most landlords would not accept you at all...maybe if it was just the medical...

• Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

410-508 is very bad and you wont get most apartments with that. You are years away from renting.

• 3 weeks ago

A full month's rent is pretty standard as a deposit.

• Judy
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

Your credit isn't just 'not the best', it's awful. Expect the full month rent.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.