Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw Enforcement & Police · 1 month ago

How do I get a restraining order on my neighbor ?

My neighbor has recently come to me, accusing my ten year old daughter of threatening and harassing him through phone calls. I dismissed him at first and he shows me an audio recording of the conversation where she keeps demanding that he buy her something or she'd lie and tell everyone that he's been bothering her and they'd believe her over him. He told her to knock it off and hung up. After presenting this information to me, he threatened to get the police involved if the calls didn't stop. I kicked him off my property because she's only ten and he shouldn't be threatening to call the cops on a TEN YEAR OLD!!! 

• Foofa

The fact that this neighbor alerted you to your daughter's behavior instead of just calling the police over this extortion is commendable. The fact that you now want to go after the neighbor instead of getting your budding psychopath child into treatment is to some degree mute testimony to how she ended up this way in the first place. Seems the apple didn't fall far from the tree on this one.

You have no grounds for a restraining order AGAINST your neighbor.

He has grounds for a lawsuit, grounds to report YOU to Child Protective Services and grounds for a restraining order.

If I believed you, which I don't.

• paul

take her phone away

i wouldve just told him to block your number