Anonymous

Does this mean I was getting enough sleep?

I often waked up at night like after about 4-5 hours of sleep, but then I will sleep again for about one hour and two.

Does this mean I am getting enough sleep??

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 weeks ago
    Best Answer

Yes!!

SLEEP DISORDERS ARE DISTURBANCES IN FALLING ASLEEP, STAYING ASLEEP, OR DURATION OF SLEEP OR ABNORMAL SLEEP BEHAVIORS.

Sleep is necessary for survival and good health. Individual requirements for sleep vary widely; healthy adults may need as few as 4 hours or as many as 9 hours of sleep every day. When people have to sleep during the day since they work at night this can cause some sleep issues ( some folks not all).

How long a person sleeps and how rested a person feels on waking up can be influenced by many factors, including excitement or emotional distress. Medications can also play a part; some medications make a person sleepy while others make sleeping difficult.

Even some foods affect sleep habits,, such as teas, coffee sodas.

Sleep is not a uniform state; it has several distint stages through which it normally cycles five or six times every night. Sleep progresses from stage 1 ( the light sleep where a person can be woke up easy) to stage 4( the deepest stage when people are harder to wake). In stage 4, the muscles are relaxed, the blood pressure is at its lowest, and the heart rate and breathing rates are at there slowest.

Besides these four stages there is a form of sleep accompanied by rapid eye movements(REM) and behavioral activity. During REM sleep, electrical activity in the brain is unusally high,somewhat resembling that of wakefulness.The eye movement and brain wave changes that accompany REMsleep can be recorded electrically.

For a 2 year old an average # of hours of sleep required would be 9-13

For a 10 yr old # would be 10-11

For a 16 year old its 6-9

18-65 would require a # of 6-9

Over 65 a person may sleep 6-8

Now remeber all this is a estimate of hours that people may sleep many may do less or more depends on the person.

Source(s): nurse
  • Edna
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

It sounds more like a light case of insomnia. See a doctor, and he will prescribe a low-dose sleeping tablet that will allow you to fall asleep and stay asleep all night, without waking up during the night.

• LP7
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Sounds OK.that 4-5 hours would allow you to go into a deep restful sleep then up into a shallow dream state in the one to two hours.It's the deep sleep you need to rejuvenate.

• Linda
    Lv 5
    4 weeks ago

Probably. If you feel rested and okay the next day, you are getting enough sleep.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 4 weeks ago

It’s simple..If you feel rested then you are but if you’re extremely tired during the day your not. Some people don’t need as much sleep as others

Source(s): Myself
  • k w
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

age/weight ?..........

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

if you feel well rested then youre getting enough sleep

• Zirp
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

If you don't feel that you NEED coffee (or energy-drink) in the morning to get going, you probably slept enough.

Sleep-needs are quite individual. Some people can function on 4 or 5 hours, others need 12, and the rest is somewhere in between

• 4 weeks ago

No..................

• Lujk
    Lv 4
    4 weeks ago

i sleep for 5 hours every day

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.