C asked in PetsFish · 3 weeks ago

My goldfish is looking weird?

I just noticed my goldfish has a white dot on its forehead, it's not a bump, just a white dot about the size of one of its scales. He also is missing a few scales on either side of his body. He lives in a 20 gallon with other fish. There's two African dwarf frogs, a sucker fish (not sure on exact name), tiny freshwater shrimps, a Betta fish, a mollies and a few others. He recently ate a fish about his size which we we're given from a science teacher (we think it was a small minnow) and our goldfish was also given from the same science teacher. I really DO NOT want this fish to die. Any suggestions? 

The goldfish should not be in the tank with any of the other fish you listed.

Goldfish are social fish that should be in a cool water tank with other of their own species.

The other fish need a heated tropical environment.

Sucker fish of varios types will suck on the sides of fish such as goldfish.

I would get him out of there ASAP!, even a large bin yould be a better home, as long as you provide a filter, and borror some of the filter media from the other tank to add to the new filter.

I suggest you watch for more sympoms, and take a picture to monitor his progress. An epson salt bath might be a good idea.

• Bill

indicates a fungus eating the scales

get a vet to look at him

check the ph level of the water , the phosphate , ammonia, nitrate , levels as well

get on top of it quickly or it will infect the lot of the fish