How long should I let my 10 month old cry it out in her crib as she's been used to sleeping in our bed?

My girlfriend keeps picking her up and I tell her to LET HER BE AND LEARN TO CALM HERSELF

Best Answer

Firstly, it sounds like you and your girlfriend need to be on the same page when it comes to how you are going to care for and parent your child. Here is a technique you can use once your girlfriend agrees. When you put your baby to bed make sure they are calmed down, try doing this with a bottle, some cuddles, rocking or soothing music. Then put the baby in the crib and leave them for a few minutes. Come back to comfort them and then leave again for a little longer time. Keep doing this until your baby eventually falls asleep.

• Byrd

Too bad you were dumb enough to gave her in your bed in the first place

probably till she goes to sleep

There are NO Shoulds in this. So leave the baby's mother alone. She is doing what she thinks is right for both her and the baby.  In my opinion, it is more important to fulfill the baby's needs so the baby knows it is well loved, and cared for.  

• Ronnoc5271 month agoReport

This. Also, if the crib isn't right next to the bed, I'd move it to be. Just for now, the close distance could make her feel comfortable in the crib.

You wait I guess, the baby will get tired eventually. But keep in mind the crying may be for other reasons, like food.....or diaper change.

• Supreme Thoughts
      1 month agoReport

Alright then. Consistently putting your baby to sleep in the crib every night will become a pattern for your baby to get used to.