What state does not need college education for sub teaching?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

Oklahoma. You need a highschool diploma to be substitute teacher or teachers aide.

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

i would think they all do

• Laurie
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

No state that I want to live in. That’s horrible! Probably states with a high percentage of uneducated people... how sad!

• 1 month ago

Despite state requirements, many school districts have plenty of subs and set their standards far higher than state requirements. No school district is going to hire any substitute teacher who lacks a university degree unless they are extremely short of subs. Even if your state only requires high school graduation, do not expect to have any chance of being acceptable as a substitute teacher in any but the poorest & most remote school districts in your state, if even that.

A couple school districts in my area require master's degree + state teacher certification to apply for substitute teaching jobs! They have plenty of subs to choose from - e.g. retired teachers they know & love, recent grads who need more experience than their student teaching to get a job, teachers who only want part-time or occasional work.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Louisiana did years ago..

• 1 month ago

Arizona, Arkansas, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Mississippi, New Mexico, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, Wisconsin- These states that don’t require certification or college courses. Instead, these states require individuals to have their high school diploma or GED. They also run background checks. Other than that, they don’t require much more

• JetDoc
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

None of them .

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.