Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 4 weeks ago

Is it true that eating a lot of fruits make you gain weight?

Is this true or not?

28 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 weeks ago
    Best Answer

fruits are packed with good carbs for energy and vitamins for wellness, eat them in modesty and use the energy they provide, that way even if you eat them on a daily bases they won't add on to weight gain, rather they'll boost your energy for good excise which leads to weight loss.

• Rose3 weeks agoReport

It's impossible. All the fiber in the fruit will help you **** like crazy XD

• 3 weeks ago

Yes.fruit is filled with sugar and is not good for you like all sugars.

• 3 weeks ago

Eating too much of anything will cause weight gain or prevent weight loss. Fruits and vegetables, which are higher in water and fiber and lower in calories than other foods, are less likely to cause weight gain or prevent weight loss, as you would have to eat much larger portions to consume too many calories. But its also reduce fat from your body because you less consumed oil.

• Andy C
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Thought maybe you'd want the correct answer.

Fructose causes liver dysfunction that causes overeating and causes obesity. Just like alcohol. Fruits are high in fructose, but they are also high in fiber, which kind of mitigates the fructose so as to not overwhelm the liver.

Eating fruits is important so you get vitamins and minerals as well as fiber. However, they must be eaten in moderation as too much fructose is too much fructose, no matter how much fiber there is.

This is why whole fruit won't make you fat, whereas dried fruit eventually will.

I can sit down and eat 20 dried apricots, but I wouldn't be able to fit 20 actual apricots.

So, DRIED fruit and fruits in excess (12+ servings a day) will make fat.

Source(s): "Fat Chance..." by Dr. Robert Lustig M.D Personal experience and experimentation.
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 4 weeks ago

It depends what fruits. Carrots will make you loose weight quickly, whereas potatoes will really pack on the pounds.

• 4 weeks ago

its not true bro

• kelvin
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

no it is not true

• 4 weeks ago

I thought fruits help lose weight but also eating to much of anything can make you gain weight

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

One thing is for sure, you are a troll, and really don't contribute anything worth while to this forum!

• 4 weeks ago

i dont think thats true, i would think you would lose weight instead

• 4 weeks ago

Basically eating a lot whatever it is make you gain weight

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.