How do I open this safe?

I found this safe behind a wall-mounted mirror in my house. So, the first thing I do is call the previous owner but they just told me that it must have belonged to the owners before them and that they never even noticed it before. There is a combination code written on a post-it note next to it but I tried it many times and it never worked. Am I just doing it wrong? I have never owned a safe before so I don’t know how to use one. Is there some special way to open these safes. Also, this safe is a little bit different than the safes I found on the internet. It has a 0|0 and 1|0 in red and then in white, it has 0|0 to 9|0 as you can see from the photo. 

Attachment image

6 Answers

Relevance
  • keerok
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

The 0|0 is zero. From then on 1|0 is 10, 2|0 is 20, etc. That's a regular safe. Just follow the instructions. Those are standard safe opening procedures.

Start at zero. Turn 4 turns counterclockwise but stop at 10 on the last turn. Follow the rest of the instructions on the Post it. Save that note, take a picture of it or whatever. Ask a locksmith to change the combination to make it "really safe".

• Itamar4 weeks agoReport

But which 0|0 and 1|0? There is a red one and a white one. Either way, I tried both of them. I tried many different ways and it never opened. So I thought maybe there was some special way to open it, i guess not.

• 1 month ago

Start your attempt to do the combination by turning left first. Most big safes and security locks start left rather than right like the old gym locker combo.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Semtex from Pearl L. He or she will know how because he is so intelligent

• 1 month ago

Put your fingers into the holes and turn the dial you see. There is a white line at the top of the dial to line up the numbers on the instructions. If you make a mistake, you can "clear" the current attempt by starting at the top each time. 4 Turns to the right, which means four complete 360 degree turns.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

maybe you can get a locksmith to show you how to open it

• 1 month ago

Instructions look clear. Maybe you could show this photo to a locksmith who deals with safes.

The combination was left with the safe? Doesn’t sound “safe.”

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.