So they make us wear seat belts but it's okay to stay in the bed of a truck with absolutely no protection? ?

• 1 week ago

It depends on where you live. Here in Florida, riding in the back of pick-ups without being restrained became illegal a few years ago.

You may want to look that one up before you ask it again. Riding in the bed of a truck is seriously against the law in most of the civilized world.

• Scott

Because there aren't seatbelts in pickup truck beds. Riding in the bed of a pickup truck is dangerous and many are killed or seriously injured every year. It's illegal in many states.

California and many other states dont allow passengers in the bed of trucks unless there are properly fitted seats with seat belts. Also, dogs must be tied so they can't fall out or jump out..

Subaru used to make a utility vehicle similar to a El Camino that had seats in the back for passengers. It was called the "Brat"

• Erik

I don't think it is legal. If a cop wanted to, they could pull the truck over and give a ticket to the driver.

It's is not legal to ride in the bed of a truck where I am and any of the other states around me. If you are in a US state that allows it, they probably wouldn't have passed a seatbelt law either if it wasn't for the fact that the Federal Government would have withheld highway funds if they didn't.

• Chris3 weeks agoReport

Sorry, you’re right. My old tin foil hat is getting all wrinkled and torn. I’m starting to give in to the radio waves being thrown at my head.

i would wear some type of protection, you never know when you'll be in an accident

• Bill

maybe in your country but here it is illegal to ride in the bed of any truck unless it is fitted with seats and seat belts and has a roll cage protection. Even animals have to restricted so that they cannot fall from the back of the vehicle

• .

Not in my state, driver gets ticket for truckbed riders

• Goldfly252000
      3 weeks agoReport

Legal in my State, BUT has to be under speeds of like 25 mph I believe. This is actually more about agriculture then anything. 

Because the government want to kill us off slowly.

• If the government wanted to kill us off we would be dead. Also, Walmart is having a sale on foil. Thought you'd want to know in case you need another layer in your hat.