Does anyone know where in Japan this is?

This is my dad in Japan in 1995. He was there for a job training. I just wanted to know where this is because I’m planning to travel to Japan and visit this place and take a picture with the same posing and send it to my dad to surprise him. I don’t want to ask him about it so he won’t have any clue about my plan. I put an emoji on his face for privacy. 

• 1 week ago

That's nice idea! But I don't know where are there...

Do you know prefecture? city?

Actually, Japan has a lot of shrine like that ...

• 1 week ago

I know where it is  but I cant tell you, because if I do  hatos - the birds will **** on me ....

Source(s): been there done that

Nice idea really!

It could be any one of hundreds of shrines - you can't even name the city?

Even if you do find it, there is no promise the birds are even there or will cooperate.

• Mrsjvb

Could be Yasukuni Shrine based off the birds.

He is at a shrine, 神社

behind him are the o-mikuji, おみくじ and 絵馬

but when I looked at Google Images for them there are lots of different wooden frameworks but not one with the base like the one in the photo!

Not this one:-

• No I don’t , and judging based on that picture alone I think you’re going to have a real hard time finding where that is specifically without asking. It looks like it could anywhere in Japan, for all most people know that could be in the Bronx New York or the Great Wall of china. Good luck.

• .

It could be anywhere, possibly Nara. They have lots of polite deer there. I lived in Japan from 1992 to 1994 and my oldest son went there from about Dec. 26 to Jan. 14 (about a year ago).

But he didn't recreate any photos.