POLL: On a $20 take out order, how much would you tip? Take out order means going into the restaurant to pickup the food, not delivery.?

depends on if it a place I would normally tip were I to eat in

If it’s done in time 2.00 . If it’s late nothing 

• Lolly

Zip. If I'm feeling generous, $2.

A take out order...perhaps the change...

• GEEGEE

a dollar at most. Perhaps not that if they didn't have my order ready (if I had called it in).

• Laurie

I would assume the kitchen staff, management, and/or hostess, all who are paid at least min8mum wage, handled the order - so I would tip nothing.

If I knew that a waiter/server, who gets paid less than minimum age, handled the order, I would tip 10%.

If I asked for special arrangements or other unusual accommodation, I would tip 20%.

• Nuff Sed

All servers in a regular restaurant are ALSO making at least minimum wage, yet some people persist in tipping them.

It depends on the ethnicity of the person at the counter. Asian countries don't have a tipping culture, so I never tip my Asian servers.

• Bob

I would not leave any tip, I don't tip on take out orders and based on what I have seen online, and from talking to people I know in real life, most people are the same way.

I don't tip when I have to go there to pick it up.

I don't tip on take-out orders.

If there's a tip jar on the counter, and the order was a total of $19.85, I might put in the 15¢ change from a $20 bill.