POLL: On a $20 take out order, how much would you tip? Take out order means going into the restaurant to pickup the food, not delivery.?

29 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 week ago

If it’s done in time 2.00 . If it’s late nothing 

• ?
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Zip. If I'm feeling generous, $2.

• 4 weeks ago

$0.. its not like their serving me or going out their way

• 4 weeks ago

A take out order...perhaps the change...

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • GEEGEE
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

a dollar at most. Perhaps not that if they didn't have my order ready (if I had called it in).

• Laurie
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

I would assume the kitchen staff, management, and/or hostess, all who are paid at least min8mum wage, handled the order - so I would tip nothing.

If I knew that a waiter/server, who gets paid less than minimum age, handled the order, I would tip 10%.

If I asked for special arrangements or other unusual accommodation, I would tip 20%.

• 4 weeks ago

It depends on the ethnicity of the person at the counter. Asian countries don't have a tipping culture, so I never tip my Asian servers.

• Bob
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

I would not leave any tip, I don't tip on take out orders and based on what I have seen online, and from talking to people I know in real life, most people are the same way.

• 4 weeks ago

I don't tip when I have to go there to pick it up.

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

I don't tip on take-out orders.

If there's a tip jar on the counter, and the order was a total of $19.85, I might put in the 15¢ change from a $20 bill.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.