Police officer Job ?

I want to be a police officer I am 24 years old. I don’t have a criminal record, no duis, no suspensions just some moving violations. I have not received a ticket in the past year and 1/2 so far. I am currently in school working on my bachelors in business management. What my question is, I have worked a lot of jobs some of them have been for a year to a couples years and really short times such as 2 months due the fact I was trying to find a decent paying job because I have to work part-time. 3 of the jobs I have been let go from, they said I didn’t make their standards during the 90 day probation period. I have worked about 11 jobs food business and security also cleaning jobs. 

How will this affect me? Do I still have a chance to becoming a cop? Also any advice I will gladly take. 

• Bruce

A traffic ticket or two usually won't make a difference, but a history of poor driving decisions will. You seem to be minimizing "just some moving violations".

A history of not holding a job and being fired will raise a red flag too.

How will this effect you? There are about 13,500 police agencies in the US, and every one has different requirements and qualifications.

• .

Yes. Having a university degree with no criminal record helps a lot. The other factor is your physical fitness. It will help if you are in good shape. Also, if necessary, would you be willing to relocate for a job in law enforcement?

TBH, in these days and times police departments are VERY picky who they hire. A stable work history is much better than the one you described. But you can only TRY ! More qualified candidates will get hired before you do. But this depends of the pool of course.

Yes, you can still be a cop. go apply and then go through the testing and then the training