What is your favourite part of a buffet? The quality or the variety?

I went to a buffet yesterday - my best friend, paid cause I paid with my gift card last week

I liked the variety

I ate steak, shrimp, cultural foods, dessert items, fruits, veggies, soup, dim sum like shrimp wontons, American food too, along with a mixture like marinated eggplant and I also had 2 types of sushi and uncommon foods like Chinese seaweed and horse radish

Also in recent years the buffet has been trying to make sure all their items are low calorie so you will be a repeat customer and not a once a year customer

Best Answer

i like the variety

• RICK

I like the rare buffet thst offers both

• David

Can't say I've been in a buffet recently that had very good quality.

Both the quality and the variety

• denise

The variety, but it helps if its good quality too.

The fact I don't have to order 3, $12 cheeseburgers just to feel full.

I'm one of the rare people in America who, um, stand under my own power, walk. go places and do stuff. I don't take my car to my fat people wheelchair to my office desk and back again to the couch so I need more than one burger. 5-7 McDonalds burgers is normal. When I cook at home 2-3 burgers and hash made from 2 potatoes is about right. That's a $50 lunch at a restaurant.

At a buffet it can be nice to have a variety of things, some I'm not great at cooking or don't want to spend the time, without having to order 3 servings. I can walk up after paying my $12 and just keep going. There are some super cheap buffets where you get the sense everything comes frozen in cardboard boxes but some, especially independent Asian ones are fine for what they are. A terribly eager young cook places shrimp and pipes cream onto mushrooms vs said fat Americans barely deep frying said frozen crap while feeling bad about themselves and waiting to get home to stare at their phone.

favorite part is variety but much appreciate one with quality food also.

Variety is nice because it allows you to taste something you're not sure you'd like without wasting an entire entree.

In a restaurant with cuisine I'm familiar with, I'd rather have quality than quantity.

If I'm at an ethnic restaurant, I like a buffet for the reason mentioned above. For example, I'd probably never order a goat entree if I'd never had it before, but being able to taste it from a buffet would be great.