Who's a better guitar player in your opinion, Marty Friedman or Zakk Wylde?

• Andrew

Marty Friedman is considered to be a virtuoso. His lead guitar work is just incredible, but he's not known for his songwriting abilities or rhythm stuff. Zakk Wylde is a fairly run-of-the-mill hard rock guitarist. He can shred with the best of them and has written many well-known songs over the years, but he's never been seen as a cut above the rest in any way. I think Friedman is more flash-in-the-pan and Zakk Wylde has got more meat and less gravy to his playing, but it's not a good comparison to try and put them up against one another because they're completely different players. Friedman is a lead player who's more often than not complementing somebody else while Zakk Wylde is usually the sole axeman and handles both rhythm and lead. Friedman is all about his exotic scales and incorporating different modes into his solos while Zakk Wylde is more of a blues based rock guitarist who's really into the Southern flavour. They both have style, but they're completely different.

Zakk Wylde because of the bad azz Bullseye guitar. I have idolized that thing since I was old enough to walk.

Source(s): nothing

theyre probably both good guitar players