I need help with an engineering problem?

I have made a chemical compound, that when I power a machine, it converts the chemical energy into electrical. The electrical energy out is more than the electrical energy in, not by creating energy, but by converting chemical into electrical. I would go into more detail, but I wish to patent this setup, so I can’t say. My question is how to I plug the output back into the input as regulated wattage and also power an additional load, self sustained from the chemical energy i put in? Thanks

8 Answers

  • 2 months ago

    It sounds like a battery. It may work. It's not a compound, It's a Chem. Solution.  Patent it quick, I heard there are others working on this.

  • 2 months ago

    patent offices do not accept claims for perpetual motion machines (because they don't work)

    • It’s not a perpetual motion machine! It converts chemical energy to electricity 

  • John
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

    And think about the next step. As was said, this is already in existence. Next step is, is your process economical and preferably far cheaper than already exists. If not then it's just a waste of time. Due diligence.

  • 2 months ago

    That is a foolish patent because chemical device like battery is able to convert chemical energy into DC energy.

    As long as the chemical reaction is running out, no more electricity is produced.

    To convert this battery energy into usable AC household power, a DC to AC converter can do, available in market. But be sure your set up able to support not less than 12Vdc and has current as high as 50A, so the AC might provide just less than 600W power.

  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

    An internal combustion engine in a car does this now. You start with a battery that can input DC power. It starts the car, and then a connected generator/alternator produces electrical energy. That energy is used to power the engines ignition system and the excess is fed back into the battery. Energy for other purposes can also be drawn from the battery - the energy being produced by the chemical fuel that is being fed into the engine, gasoline.

  • 2 months ago

    You have a machine that uses some grid power, but converts your "chemical" to electricity. I will assume you are making DC, so charge a battery with it. I hope you have one working, as it makes a patent much easier to get.

  • 2 months ago

    you need to provide a lot more detail, I don't know if this is AC or DC, what the voltages are, or what you mean by "plug the output back into the input"

    Converting chemical energy to electrical is done every day with batteries. And fuel cells. 

    • billrussell42
      Lv 7
      2 months agoReport

      That still lacks enough details for me to give you an answer. What voltage and current?

  • Damien
    Lv 5
    2 months ago

    use a voltage regulator

    • I would have said buck converter, but how would I also sustain an additional load?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.