Someone asked in HealthOptical · 1 month ago

Is it okay to cry with contacts in? What about sweat?

I just got my contacts and I know I'm not supposed to get them wet. Is crying okay then? I go to the gym a lot. What if sweat gets in my eye? Should I take my contacts off before I work out?

You can wear contacts at the gym. What you might want to do is avoid any makeup that will get into eyes and sting.

• Damien

no dont be exercising with contact on, you are putting pressure on your eyes and body while exercising,those eyes are already dry and getting reduced oxygen when wearing contacts, dont make it worse through exercise, it will weaken your vision, also youre just adding more bacteria to the contacts when crying , so youll make it harder to clean them properly, and this is no joking matter, if them contacts arent really clean when u put them in your eyes, them eyes are stinging as if u got sand in your eyes.