Anonymous

My dad wants me to go to college to get a Bachelors but I have a certificate ?

He’s so stupid and annoying! I have a certificate of engineering but he told me with a college education I’ll be paid a lot more and that the certificate is a stupid piece of paper saying you acquired SOME skills but I wasn’t taught sufficient information nor the disciplines of engineering.

You are NOT an "engineer" without a minimum of bachelor's degree, and obtaining occupational licensing as an engineer. These days, many employers want those with master's degrees, or at least several years of experience beyond a bachelor's degree. A "certificate" is - at best - sufficient for some low-level technician-trainee or apprentice position. Basically, your certificate is worthless or nearly so, even in third-world countries.

Your dad is smart, a whole lot smarter than you, which indicates you might not have what it takes to earn a bachelor's degree in engineering. Of course, you aren't even trying.

You need a B.S. in engineering to take the P.E. test. If you pass it, you are an official professional engineer, and that translates into bigger bucks.

"He’s so stupid and annoying!"

a new style selfie or seffoe

• MS

You can't get work as an "engineer" with just a certificate. You might get some type of assistant work with an engineering firm or company, but that's about all that certificate might do for you. You DO need a bachelor's degree if you want to be an engineer. And engineers can make good money, so it's certainly something to consider pursuing.

• juliet

Your dad is right, and wants the best for you. If you want to just settle, then that’s your decision. But he’s just routing for you to be the best.

• Lili

You can't work as an engineer with just a "certificate" -- not in the US and not in any advanced nation. You need a degree.

I think you know that. Find some sharper way to troll.

• Laurie

What is your question?

That's not a nice thing to say about your father. You need to show more respect to him. Perhaps it's some misunderstanding but you should try to make him understand. You never know, he could be right there.

i would do what you want, its your life