Anonymous

My dad wants me to go to college to get a Bachelors but I have a certificate ?

He’s so stupid and annoying! I have a certificate of engineering but he told me with a college education I’ll be paid a lot more and that the certificate is a stupid piece of paper saying you acquired SOME skills but I wasn’t taught sufficient information nor the disciplines of engineering.

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 weeks ago

You are NOT an "engineer" without a minimum of bachelor's degree, and obtaining occupational licensing as an engineer. These days, many employers want those with master's degrees, or at least several years of experience beyond a bachelor's degree. A "certificate" is - at best - sufficient for some low-level technician-trainee or apprentice position. Basically, your certificate is worthless or nearly so, even in third-world countries.

Your dad is smart, a whole lot smarter than you, which indicates you might not have what it takes to earn a bachelor's degree in engineering. Of course, you aren't even trying.

• 3 weeks ago

You need a B.S. in engineering to take the P.E. test. If you pass it, you are an official professional engineer, and that translates into bigger bucks.

• 4 weeks ago

"He’s so stupid and annoying!"

a new style selfie or seffoe

• MS
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

You can't get work as an "engineer" with just a certificate. You might get some type of assistant work with an engineering firm or company, but that's about all that certificate might do for you. You DO need a bachelor's degree if you want to be an engineer. And engineers can make good money, so it's certainly something to consider pursuing.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • juliet
    Lv 4
    4 weeks ago

Your dad is right, and wants the best for you. If you want to just settle, then that’s your decision. But he’s just routing for you to be the best.

• Lili
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

You can't work as an engineer with just a "certificate" -- not in the US and not in any advanced nation. You need a degree.

I think you know that. Find some sharper way to troll.

• Laurie
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

What is your question?

• 4 weeks ago

That's not a nice thing to say about your father. You need to show more respect to him. Perhaps it's some misunderstanding but you should try to make him understand. You never know, he could be right there.

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

i would do what you want, its your life

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.