BigBill asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 month ago

Is President Donald Trump the personification of John Galt?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Chris
    Lv 6
    1 month ago
    Best Answer

Trump has brought peace and prosperity to America. Vote for him.

• Notatroll1 month agoReport

Trump brought peace to America. We've had more mass shootings that days of the year so far. This is peace? More mass shootings than under any other president. Peace? You're a shitface.

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

i dont think so

• 1 month ago

Ayn Rand was an idiot who couldn't write to save her life. C'mon, a 70 page speech? One character droning on for 70 pages? Plus her ideology was pure BS as well. Conservatives live objectivity because a major tenant of it is the pursuit of one's own happiness...which they interpret as a free license to be as selfish as they want with no guilt whatsoever.

• 1 month ago

Absolutely not. Trump is the kind of rich parasite Ayn Rand hated most.

Elon Musk, Jeff Bezos, Bill Gates; these are modern exemplars for Galt.

Source(s): Yes, I slogged thru both Fountainhead & Atlas Shrugged years ago.
    • BigBill
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

Bad examples. John Galt never struck me as as a progressive liberal.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Not even close. I still plan to vote for him, but John Galt he is not.

• Notatroll1 month agoReport

You plan to vote for Trump. Just curious, have you ever had your IQ tested?

• John
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Stop pretending you are smart and read this:

https://www.firstthings.com/blogs/firstthoughts/20...

• BigBill
      Lv 7
      4 weeks agoReport

Ayn Rand has a good following based on her strong economic viewpoints; and the interesting question of what would happen to society if all the elite entrepreneurs and upper 2% left the country? A topic much debated thanks to her eccentric genius.

• humpty
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

To answer that would indicate I was actually able to read more than half of an Ayn Rand novel. I did try, but War and Peace was more interesting.

• BigBill
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

Actually Ayn Rand's novels -- Atlas Shrugged and The Fountain Head -- are both pretty good. And the movies based on those novels are great. You should go back and finish them.

• John W
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

That's an insult to Galt. In fact Trump is an insult to the human race.

• ioerr
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

if trump was in a lifeboat with 10 other people for over a month their best chance at survival would be to shoot and eat him first

or in other words, no

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.