Relevance
  • 4 weeks ago

The sky is Blair

• 4 weeks ago

Apart from a light grey when It is Cloudy

And an evening when a red sky means good weather on its way

Or the opposite in the Morning

They sky is a light Blue like Manchester City Home Jerseys

It is caused by refraction of the Suns Light through our Atmosphere and Water Vapour and is known as Rayleigh Scattering

This is named after the Scientist who first proposed it who became Lord Rayleigh

Attachment image
    Source(s): Mr Blue Sky himself
  • 4 weeks ago

if it wasn't for dust scattering light in the atmosphere Black. except for the sun. Thanks to the dust on a clear day Blue.

• Zardoz
      Lv 7
      4 weeks agoReport

It is not dust that scatters the blue light, but nitrogen. The red is scattered by dust.

• 4 weeks ago

Blue with violet blotches. For some reason people deny this is the case. I have no idea why.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 4 weeks ago

I suppose you are not color blind 😀

• 4 weeks ago

Mauve, silly person you.

• Clive
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Are you blind? Look at it.

• 4 weeks ago

Color perception starts with the eye, then how your visual cortex interprets color.

Light entering the gasses of the atmosphere are scattered (Rayleigh) different wavelengths refracted differently. this filters out a lot of long wave, letting the blue spectrum pass easier, gives the atmosphere a blue hue.(actually backward)

Smoke and haze are particulate matter, that can take on any number of colors.

(smog, soot, pollen, dust, etc.)

Clouds are water vapor molecules that refract light differently than pure gasses.

• Mark
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

It's not really any coluor, but it reflects back blue...

• 4 weeks ago

It's a rusty-orange color from the oxides of nitrogen. I live in Los Angeles.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.