BOOM
Lv 5
BOOM asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 month ago

Is America and/or the world ready for the President of the USA to be a gay man?

30 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

Huh? So....Obama wasn t???

• 1 month ago

There are gay men already in D.C. serving their state & country, (Some think it is safer to stay in the closet). Sexual orientation has nothing to do with one's ability to do their job. Some, bone heads, thinks it's a choice. How nuts is that? Mayor Pete is smart, grounded, and has expressed himself like a gentleman.

• 1 month ago

Probably. it just won't happen in this coming election.

• A.J.
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

I'll agree he's a 10 to 1 longshot for the nomination now, but I'm not ready to give up on him.

• 1 month ago

Sure. I suppose you could do a lot worse than Buttigieg, but his sexual orientation shouldn't be a factor. The clamor for the novelty of the first black president got us Obama, and the inane push to have the first female president almost got us Hillary Clinton. Those two are proof that you can deal in merit or identity politics, not both.

• Lv 4
      1 month agoReport

People should be voting on policy instead of identity politics. For once you make a good point...

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Maybe? I mean nobody thought a black man would become president until maybe 2007. Ireland has a gay taoiseach- homosexuality was only made legal there in 1993, a long time after many other European countries.

• lynda j1 month agoReport

Fact is Obama was not the first black president the first black president was the president when George Washington was fighting a war George Washington was the first elected president to sit in the White House. Now the history books will show Obama was the eightt black president. Not the first

• 1 month ago

So BOOM, don't you really mean a gay Democrat president?

Because he reality is you are the one not ready for a gay Republican president.

So the real question is "why does a president's sexual orientation matter"?

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

America currently has a non-human orangutan as president, so I'd say a gay man is a long step down on weird presidency.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Yeah, everyone is ready. But should we place too much emphasis on the sexual orientation or gender of a candidate? Should we vote for someone like Pete despite his atrocious voting record? Would it be worth voting in a neoliberal or neoconservative with poor policy just to finally say we've had a woman or gay president? I personally think not. I vote on policy, not what someone identifies as.

• Lv 4
      1 month agoReport

AJ what are you talking about? Trump? I don't like Trump.

• 1 month ago

We already had one, James Buchanan.

• Brian
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

Probably be better than the bozo we have now.

• Brian
      Lv 6
      1 month agoReport

Oh, a comic book fan. Tres appropriate as a donnie supporter.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.