Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Science & MathematicsAstronomy & Space · 3 weeks ago

first an all-girl spacewalk. now a quest to put the first woman on the moon. would you consider that a scatter-brained objective?

it sounds more like a publicity stunt.

No I would think it makes a lot of sense

Women are Intelligent

Or so I have to say to my wife

Source(s): I call her Ganja Bitch

If it helps the space programme then who cares?, it should not matter about gender but we live in strange times.

Women have as much right to risk tragedy or triumph in space or during launch as any of the men or the dogs and space chimps before them. we are aiming for equality in the pursuit of corporate greed after all, and if you believe feminists it's cheaper too.

Sorry about sarcasm.

I would consider that an acknowledgement of the biological fact that the "default" human is female.

No. As long as they don't fly upside down.

Source(s): old joke.

Men and women presumably have very similar capabilities up in space, just as they do in a submarine, flying a plane, sailing a yacht, or riding a bike.

But the fact that the media has to carry on about a woman going up into space, and never a word about women working as carpenters, gardeners or electricians says more about the media and it's need to senastionalize than it does about anatomy.

• poldi2

Spoken like a true misogynist, your mommy must be so proud.

• John

Two women walk in space and another to go to moon. Anonymous sits in jammies sniping at them. I'd call that 3-zip, myself. But hey, knock yerself out there, dude.

Yes it is a publicity stunt, but the point is that after they have done it, then it would no longer be news.

• Sharon

All WOMAN, you sexist pig. Girls are under 12 years old, and no one that young has ever been in space. These two women have trained for years, and this is the fourth space mission for one of them, which hardly sounds like a stunt. And women have as much right to land on, explore and work on the Moon as any man.

• Zardoz
      3 weeks agoReport

Girls are under 18 years old. So are boys.