Who? asked in Society & CultureLanguages · 1 month ago

My son suddenly started speaking in a heavy Irish accent and we can't understand him, can someone please help us?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 weeks ago

If he is a teenager then he is just showing off and probably knows very little about Irish accents.

• 1 month ago

Start speaking with some heavy accent yourself, that he can't understand, and give him a taste of his own medicine.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

He is either joking or whimsically rebelling against your excessive seriousness.

• 1 month ago

If you listen to “Come out ye black and tans” before you go to sleep for 5 days in a row, you’ll start understanding him without having any peoblems. You’re welcome.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Stop giving him Guinness.

• 1 month ago

Well tell him it's time to go pick non-existent potatoes and begin to slowly starve to death due to nasty English landlords. Which would describe some of my own heritage quite nicely. 

• M.
      Lv 7
      4 weeks agoReport

Pick potatos?
      Hmmm.

• 1 month ago

throw him out of the house

• audrey
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Get him a good psychiatrist.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

I got similar as a teen, because I had been copying what I was seeing/hearing in TV shows. 

So good a neighbor had to stick his elbow in my side. He had introduced me to a visitor from another country and I had spoke back just like him. I had not even realized I had done it! :) 

If your son is worse than I was; we can Pray to GOD for help here! 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.