Why do croissants make me sick?

So, every time I eat a croissant, right afterwards I feel nauseous, and then (if I eat it for breakfast), around the time I go to sleep, I have a horrible headache, feel even more nauseous, have a stomach ache, and also have diarrhea. The following morning, I usually feel fine.

I can eat other pastries and things like that, it just seems to be croissants. It's also every time I eat them, which has now scared me out of eating croissants, even though I love the taste. (I'm 16 and female btw).

Do any of you know why croissants may make me sick?

• Laurie

You may be sensitive to fat (croissants have a lot of fat). Or, you may be allergic to an ingredient.

Maybe too faty , is it always from the same source ?

Then why to you continue eating them??

They are a rich pastry food. By "rich" I mean they have a lot of oil compared to regular bread.

I'm not sure why they would make you feel headaches and nausea, I have never experienced that from a croissant... but if I had to guess, I would say that your stomach is sensitive to the oil content.

Could be something to bring up with your doctor next time you see one.

• Tavy
      4 weeks agoReport

They are made with butter not oil.

• Tavy

They are 80% butter. Too rich for you.