Why is there a light in the fridge but not in the freezer?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 weeks ago

I've always wondered that myself maybe cause most are small, the actual fridge part is alot bigger, bdut reason why I think freezers don't have lights is because you don't need lights to freeze food, but the actual fridge part needs a light cause the food in there doesn't get to be froze so that makes sinse to me

• 3 weeks ago

I've been in there with a flashlight and believe me, you don't want to know.

• geezer
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

Because most freezers have drawers (that you pull out into the light).

In a fridge you have shelves and more 'open space' that needs lighting.

• 3 weeks ago

there is one in my freezer.

Maybe yours burnt out?

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 3 weeks ago

Most freezers are small and there's usually no shelves like in the main compartment

• Byrd
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

There's a light in my freezer. You get what you pay for.

• 3 weeks ago

Once self-defrosting models were introduced in the 1950s, this wasn't an issue anymore, but the tradition of not lighting the freezer remains thanks to the benefit the freezer light provides still being low enough, relative to the cost, that manufactures didn't want to have to pay for it.

• 3 weeks ago

because frozen food doesn't fear the dark but fridge food gets scared of the dark

• 3 weeks ago

Don't be silly. We can't have people seeing what you really put in your freezer, can we?

• 3 weeks ago

Because the dead body’s go in the freezer and you don’t want people to see them

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.