Why is there a light in the fridge but not in the freezer?

I've always wondered that myself maybe cause most are small, the actual fridge part is alot bigger, bdut reason why I think freezers don't have lights is because you don't need lights to freeze food, but the actual fridge part needs a light cause the food in there doesn't get to be froze so that makes sinse to me

I've been in there with a flashlight and believe me, you don't want to know.

• geezer

Because most freezers have drawers (that you pull out into the light).

In a fridge you have shelves and more 'open space' that needs lighting.

there is one in my freezer.

Maybe yours burnt out?

Most freezers are small and there's usually no shelves like in the main compartment

• Byrd

There's a light in my freezer. You get what you pay for.

Once self-defrosting models were introduced in the 1950s, this wasn't an issue anymore, but the tradition of not lighting the freezer remains thanks to the benefit the freezer light provides still being low enough, relative to the cost, that manufactures didn't want to have to pay for it.

because frozen food doesn't fear the dark but fridge food gets scared of the dark

Don't be silly. We can't have people seeing what you really put in your freezer, can we?

Because the dead body’s go in the freezer and you don’t want people to see them