Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsDogs · 4 weeks ago

Wondering what my dogs doing?

Shes all the sudden started acting like she does when theres a storm or fireworks except there isnt either and its almost 5am. She comes up to my bed and stands up to put her paws on me then starts shaking. Im worried shes seeing something i cant see or senses something wrong with me im not aware of and i feel paranoid now. So im asking because im curious if theres anything else that can scare my dog out of the blue or if she might just be excited?

Thank you for answers

Dog may have been fearful that she HAD AN ACCIDENT; not fearful of a sound. As dogs get older, or if they suffer spinal problems, they may not always FEEL when they need to "GO" before they pass some stool.

However, in many places it is HUNTING SEASON - for DEER. Just because you did not HEAR gunshots (sounds like fireworks to a dog) does not mean the dog did not hear such. Hunters go into the woods to get set up, or in deer stands VERY EARLY!

One of my dogs is doing the same thing periodically. I don't understand it either. Yeah, acting like a thunderstorm is upon us. I can't figure out what she is feeling, seeing or hearing. Just some days she is real clingy like she wants to be babied or something.

I, too, find this strange cause I can't figure out where it is coming from.

• PR

Your dog may need to pee or poop. There could also be things going on in the house that are upsetting the dog. Since a dog's hearing and sense of smell are much better than ours they can hear or smell things before we can. 

Our dog used to be very upset if the smoke detector battery alert was beeping. This upset her so much, she would shake and want to go outside. Once outside she would not come back inside because this noise bothered her ears so much. Of course, putting a new battery in the smoke detector solved that issue.

Other things could be other noises. Smells or scents that could cause concern might also cause this behavior. 

If this is a sudden event, suspect a noise as mentioned above. Your dog could also be feeling ill and if nothing else is found and the behavior continues, a vet visit may be in order. 

Unless you have a health condition, it isn't too likely something is going on with you but of course, if you don't feel well then go to the doctor. No, there would not be other "paranormal" things happening. Check your smoke detectors or anything else that can make a high-pitched beep or noise.

I'd go with she needs to go outside to empty. Perhaps because she has developed a UTI? (Guess). As usual with anything new, it might be a good idea to take her to your vet for a general health check. We CAN only guess what's going on.

• Tavy

She want to pee, so take her outside.

• Tavy
      4 weeks agoReport

She's not scared just desperate to poo outside.