mortality on people my age?

i was diagnosed with stage 3 at age 70 this year. 2019.had the velcade. 3 month checkup no sign of the disease. Monday is 9 month checkup. what is mortality rate for death? I can't get a straight answer from my oncologist. I want to  borrow money to visit my children.I'm on a fixed income. Thank you, Leland Lowery

• Linda

If your oncologist cannot give you at least an estimate as to how much time you have left, either he doesn't know yet or doesn't want to tell you the truth. I would get a second opinion from another oncologist. I hope you have many years left. Best of luck!

• LAN

Since you aren't even sane enough to post a sensible question why should anyone here take you seriously? You are obviously lying when you say your oncologist will not give you an answer. Not to mention your question reads like it was written by a child with mental problems. Grow up.

You re a troll.

• Rick B

stage 3 WHAT???? What is a velcade????

Your oncologist can only guess. They can't give a definitive answer. Your oncologist would be in the best position to guess how much time you have left.

• LAN
      1 month agoReport

Velcade is a type of targeted chemo. The fact that he says he is going in for a 9 month checkup makes me think he is just looking for drama since that long a check usually means that his cancer isn't active.

• My aunt was given 3 years to live. She said that at 83, she'd take it. She lived on another 16 years.

Why don’t you ask your oncologist or whoever is treating you.

We don’t have access to your medical records so how do you expect us to give you a survival rate when we know nothing about you. I can say 50% or 95% or 10% and any one of them coukd be right since it’s just a stab in the dark.

• LAN
      1 month agoReport

Especially when he doesn't even bother to say what type of cancer he has in the first place.