Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsRodents · 1 month ago

Is it shameful for me to still sleep with a teddy bear? ?

So I’m 17 and I’m adopted. My birth mother was only my age when she gave birth to me. She put me up for adoption about a month after I was born. 

My foster parents don’t allow me to have literally any communication with her. I don’t know her name, what she looks like, nothing. It really makes me sad.

The only thing I have from her is a teddy bear she put me up for adoption with. 

Like I said I’m now 17 and I still sleep with said teddy bear. I refuse to give it up, solely because it’s the only piece of my birth mother I have. 

Is this shameful, or immature? 

It is very normal. Many adults build a strong relation with toys and no harm in that. But if you like you can replace the Teddy bear with a per like a Kitty or a dog.

No, that’s completely normal. Hold on to it and don’t let anyone tell you to get rid of it. If you decide to no longer have it, make sure it’s because you feel that way and not because someone told you to. ❤️

I think you are totally fine. If I were you, I would do the excact same thing

I still have my childhood teddy bear in my bed with me and I’m 19. Had it since before I was born and it’s still going strong and I’m not ashamed at all. Lots of people still sleep with stuffies. It’s a comfort thing, especially for you.

no because your 50% your mom and 50% your dad. so if it’s from your mom it has your mom’s DNA on it. so technically it’s your sibling.

• Amber

I'm 29 and I sleep with a teddy bear. I don't care to admit it loud and proud

I SLEEP WITH A TEDDY BEAR!

• No! It's OK to sleep with a teddy! I do too sometimes, it's not uncommon.

If you aren't ready to part with it, then don't

No thats cool. Anyone to judge that are stoooopid!

My girlfriend is 26 and she likes teddy bears. No shame friend!

No Reflaction! Eat dinner with No Reflaction