Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsRodents · 1 month ago

Is it shameful for me to still sleep with a teddy bear? ?

So I’m 17 and I’m adopted. My birth mother was only my age when she gave birth to me. She put me up for adoption about a month after I was born. 

My foster parents don’t allow me to have literally any communication with her. I don’t know her name, what she looks like, nothing. It really makes me sad.

The only thing I have from her is a teddy bear she put me up for adoption with. 

Like I said I’m now 17 and I still sleep with said teddy bear. I refuse to give it up, solely because it’s the only piece of my birth mother I have. 

Is this shameful, or immature? 

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 weeks ago

It is very normal. Many adults build a strong relation with toys and no harm in that. But if you like you can replace the Teddy bear with a per like a Kitty or a dog.

• 4 weeks ago

No, that’s completely normal. Hold on to it and don’t let anyone tell you to get rid of it. If you decide to no longer have it, make sure it’s because you feel that way and not because someone told you to. ❤️

• 1 month ago

I think you are totally fine. If I were you, I would do the excact same thing

• 1 month ago

I still have my childhood teddy bear in my bed with me and I’m 19. Had it since before I was born and it’s still going strong and I’m not ashamed at all. Lots of people still sleep with stuffies. It’s a comfort thing, especially for you.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

no because your 50% your mom and 50% your dad. so if it’s from your mom it has your mom’s DNA on it. so technically it’s your sibling.

• Amber
    Lv 4
    1 month ago

I'm 29 and I sleep with a teddy bear. I don't care to admit it loud and proud

I SLEEP WITH A TEDDY BEAR!

• No! It's OK to sleep with a teddy! I do too sometimes, it's not uncommon.

If you aren't ready to part with it, then don't

• 1 month ago

No thats cool. Anyone to judge that are stoooopid!

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

My girlfriend is 26 and she likes teddy bears. No shame friend!

• 1 month ago

No Reflaction! Eat dinner with No Reflaction

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.