The man I’ve been dating is a Registered Sex Offender !?

I’ve been seeing him for 2 months and I REALLY like him. Someone told me to google him, and I did. And I was shocked when I found out. At the time of his arrest he was 22. He served one day in jail, and was on house arrest and 5 years probation for it. Investigators found 41 child porn videos on his computer. He was charged with one count of possessing child pornography & is a level 2 offender & only has to register for 10 years. He’s 30 now, so it’s almost behind him. I guess. 

I have a 3 year old (son) so it’s extra disturbing...

It’s not like he had sex with young girls, but it’s still weird to me. 

What would you do?

I haven’t confronted him about it yet but I will next time I talk to him. 

• `

It's disturbing that you'd even have to ask this question. Run as far and as fast as possible.

Textbook behaviour for a paedo to target a mother with a young child. That is by far the easiest way for him to access what he wants which is not you. Your son is his target. They can be extremely cunning in getting access and will wait years if necessary. The fact that he got caught one time does not mean there was only one offence. It is a lifetime deviancy, paedos just get more skillful at covering their tracks as they get older.

You do not say whether the father of your child is in his life but, if he is, you will lose custody if you keep seeing this person. Don't discuss this with him, don't walk away, run.

• Maxi

........and in 2 months HE failed to tell you himself? Also sounds like he is in breach of his registration/probation if you have a young child..... only you can make that judgement depends on if you are more of a mother than a 'gf'

• Tavy

Has he taken any photos of your son? are you happy with him being alone with him and his friends. Paedos do not suddenly get cured.

Your choice/

Time to gtfo and run from this scuze.

• PAMELA

You must dump him, and protect your son, just say you know about his offences and that it is over, anything else and you will be as bad as him.