What is your opinion on the Dems rigging the primaries?

Like i hate progressives because their far left identitarian, authoritarian ideology scares the **** out of me. But i still think it's bad that they're rigging it in favour of these corporatist liars. But then i think would i not prefer a corpratist liar if the progressive is so bad. Like i don't want wars but i also don't want free speech to go. Just makes me think Trump 2020.

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 weeks ago

XG6 is correct, you are obviously a foreign troll who's spreading fake news without proof in order to create dissent in Trump's favor at the voting booth. BTW, please notice how I spelled the word, "favor", compared to your own.

• nevin0020
      Lv 4
      3 weeks agoReport

Yes that's it. I'm a Russian. That's why i spell favour the proper way and not in Cyrillic.

• xg6
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Dear non-American troll, next time you post inflammatory lies, do a spell check for American grammar and you will discover Americans spell the word as "favor', not "favour"

• nevin0020
      Lv 4
      4 weeks agoReport

My nationality is irrelevant. And considering we invented the language, i think i'll keep the U. As for lies, i haven't posted any. Your worldview was just threatened so it's a defensive response.

• Tmess2
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

How are they rigging the primary?

The rules of the Democratic primaries are far more open than the Republican primaries. It only takes 15% of the vote in a single congressional district to win some delegates and that has been the rule for about 25 years.

Yes, the DNC has established rules for its debates, but do you know how many candidates appear on the New Hampshire ballot? In 2016, there were twenty-eight candidates who filed for the New Hampshire primary. Only two got more than one percent. Since it is impossible to hold a meaningful debate among twenty-eight people (giving each candidate one minute to answer each question with no follow-ups or replies to attacks from other candidates would limit you to six questions in a three-hour debate), there needs to be some rule as to who qualifies for the debate.

Additionally, as to free speech, the Democratic Party is not the government. As such, it is engaging in its free speech rights in setting the rules for its debates, just like any group in any of the states or a national group can hold any forum that it wants and invite any of the candidates to attend those forums.

Now, both parties over time have set the rules for their primary debates. Both parties did in 2008, and both parties did in 2016. Those rules have always excluded some of the candidates who did not have significant support from the debates or put candidates who were doing less well in some preliminary debate outside of prime time (like the Republicans did in 2016). For 2020, the Democrats have announced rules of progressively stricter standards for making the debates. But even now, the rules allow any candidate who is consistently polling at more than 3% nationally or 5% in the early states to make the debates. For now eight candidates have qualified for the November debates -- less than three months before voting starts. (While there are also donor requirements, there is no campaign that has met the polling requirements that have not also made the donor requirements as the donor requirements are quite low given the need of a viable campaign to fund the organization and advertising necessary to effectively run for President). If you have not reached 5% in an early state by November 1, your odds of getting to 15% by February are not good.

• Tmess2
      Lv 7
      3 weeks agoReport

It has been applied to the states via the Fourteenth Amendment which reads that "no State" shall make any laws infringing the privileges and immunities of citizens or depriving a person of liberty without due process. Needless to say a political party is neither Congress nor a State.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.