Anonymous

What can I do if I have a disorder that makes my breath smell strong and repulsive almost all the time?

After reading about a disorder called TMAU, I think I might have it. So, I started taking steps to take on a permanent strict diet where you eat only certain foods (like apples, white flour breads, potatoes, water, and carrots) and avoiding lots of food such as soy lecithin, cabbage, broccoli etc. thought to cause bad odors from digestion issues in the stomach.

So far it seems like it works a bit to lessen the stench; more time is needed to see the results though.

But I'm so tired of chewing gum for hours straight when at school/work. Any advice to stop the smells? 

Thank you.

• reme_1
    Best Answer

try talking to your doctor- not to strangers on the internet.

This happens to me too!!! I'm so glad you understand me unlike my other friends who just yell at me to stop drinking so much Whiskey...

Eat lots of raw parsley, rethink the broccoli - you can eat it and should eat it. And white bread is no good for you. Cut out the sugar, at least most of the time.

Instead of using Doctor  Google go and see a doctor proper if this is really bothering you.  You may be missing something that would be glaringly obvious to a trained and experienced healthcare professional.