Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Dining OutFast Food · 1 month ago

Why is McDonalds doing better than any other restaurant?

Most people I think would agree it's not their favorite fast food joint, and the "value" is no longer there, mcdoanlds was once a cheap place to grab a quick meal but they hiked their prices and It doesn't feel cheap anymore.

I remember the $1.39 menu, get a junior chicken or mcdouble or whatever cheeseburger with bacon felt like a great deal, that went away about 4 years ago, these items are now about $2.19, over a 1/3 price increase!

Wendy's $1.89 deals have stayed intact for years

I think so they are serving good and cheap food

• GEEGEE

Mostly because they have so many locations.

You can thank Ray Kroc for the success of Mcdonald's. He basically stole the business out from the original creators of the Mcdonald's business and got it franchised, as far as I know it was the first fast food franchise.

• Bob

Because have locations almost everywhere,people ( for some reason ) like their food, and as is the case with any other fast food chain, you know what you are getting.

In the one a mile up the road, a McChicken and a plain hamburger are both still $1. The McDouble is $1.39.

• .

My first trip to McDonalds I remember hamburgers were 7 for a dollar, milkshakes were 15 cents, fries a dime I think

• Because McDonald's has locations everywhere. Every little hole in the wall town with 500 people has a McDonald's.

McDonald's in the UK posts a loss some years and they failed to sell pizza successfully. One reason they do well, mostly, is by bulk buying and storing food in their warehouse means they can buy cheaper than anyone else, so nobody can beat their prices on the high street. You mention it getting more expensive, yes but compare prices to Burger King or one of he independent shops, the small businesses go even worse by selling burgers with low meat content, compare 100% beef burgers and McDonald's wins on price.

Mcdonalds popularity did stem from its cheap cheap food, they still have a dollar menu and when a dollar menu item gets really popular they start jacking up the price. Dollar menu items that dont make enough money get scrapped eventually and replaced with new dollar menu items. In relation to most other fast food places, their prices are cheaper for quantity but their quality is garbage for most of their stuff. But the REAL money makers at mcdonalds are the kids meals and drinks.

I like the texture feel of the microwave 🥰