Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureLanguages · 1 month ago

Is it rude to say this in email “I’ve put Sally in the cc, she’s the person in charge for this matter” ?

I’ve been asked to do my colleague’s job and she is not copied in the email. Is it okay to say this? 

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago
    Best Answer

Yes, you need a semi colonl: "“I’ve put Sally in the cc; she’s the person in charge for this matter” ?

• 1 month ago

Of course it's not rude, but if Sally is in charge, why not include her in the 'To' field? You're allowed to have more than one address there ...

• John P
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

What is a "cc"? In Britain I do not know "cc". And it should be "..the person in charge of this matter". (not "for this matter")

• bluebellbkk
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

This is the field in your email that is underneath 'To'.
      In 'To' you put the person or persons to whom the email is principally addressed.
      In the 'cc' field (originating from 'carbon copy'!) you put other people who are likely to need to know but are not the principal addressees.

• 1 month ago

no its absolutely unacceptable you're a horrible person foreven thinking such a thing.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

no, its not rude

• Frank
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

Informing people of basic things is not rude. What is the problem? You are not stepping on people's feet or feelings.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.