I placed the wrong USPS tracking number label on the package, what will happen?

So I used the kiosk to send out a package and paid the appropriate postage. It printed out the 2 labels as it does: one for the postage, the other for the tracking number. Once I put both the postage label and the tracking number label on the package, someone tapped me, saying I left a tracking number label in the kiosk. I'm assuming that someone else left their tracking number label, which I accidentally used...

The address is written on the package, the postage cost listed is the proper amount for the package address - would they most likely deliver it based on the tracking number or the written address? I might be worrying over nothing here and they'd just deliver it based on the address, but if anyone knows, please help!!

Best Answer

I'm sure everything will be fine, and the package will be sent to its destination according to the address displayed.

• RyRy3 weeks agoReport

Thank you for the reassurance! You were right and I was worried about nothing~ it was delivered to the proper address!!

nobody reads address with their eyes, they use scanner so your package will go to the destination of a tracking number

You won't get the package you'll have to buy same item again