I placed the wrong USPS tracking number label on the package, what will happen?

So I used the kiosk to send out a package and paid the appropriate postage. It printed out the 2 labels as it does: one for the postage, the other for the tracking number. Once I put both the postage label and the tracking number label on the package, someone tapped me, saying I left a tracking number label in the kiosk. I'm assuming that someone else left their tracking number label, which I accidentally used...

The address is written on the package, the postage cost listed is the proper amount for the package address - would they most likely deliver it based on the tracking number or the written address? I might be worrying over nothing here and they'd just deliver it based on the address, but if anyone knows, please help!!

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 weeks ago
    Best Answer

I'm sure everything will be fine, and the package will be sent to its destination according to the address displayed.

• RyRy3 weeks agoReport

Thank you for the reassurance! You were right and I was worried about nothing~ it was delivered to the proper address!!

• 4 weeks ago

nobody reads address with their eyes, they use scanner so your package will go to the destination of a tracking number

• 4 weeks ago

You won't get the package you'll have to buy same item again

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.