People who cant walk who helps you cook, clean, laundry, and bring in air conditioners for you? ?

I am trying to see if a helping aid with my insurance can help put in a air conditioner for me, thats why I’m trying to ask because I dont have any family members near me at the moment? 

• Lita

I do everything you've listed for myself, my husband and my family other than the air conditioner. It's built into our wall and is there year round.

• Ann

You don't ask a disabled person to help you lift an air conditioner. You hire a handyman or someone who sells air conditioners to come install it for you.

Please stop making yourself a damn handicap for life idiot.  I have read all your posts on this topic of your so called disability and about all you do is whine.  PERHAPS if you were not whiny and a bit nicer someone would help you around the area you live.

I do not mean to be ugly to you but if you get out (now I am angry at you) and drive a damn car you are using your back extensively.

If you put 1/2 your effort into exercises and therapy you would never end up in a wheelchair!

• Judith

Most do their own cooking, cleaning and laundry. They either see if they can't hire a home health care giver or a handyman to do those things they can't do themselves. People in wheelchairs aren't helpless.

• Kristin4 weeks agoReport

I know that I have Myelopathy and in a few years I may need a wheelchair trust me I am not ignorant when it comes to wheelchair disabilities I am in the same boat I know how it feels ok gosh 

• I can't walk, nor have I for 15 years or more. I cook, clean, and do my own laundry. My son who has Down syndrome helps some. I recently hired a cleaning lady because my medical issues after surgery mean I need to avoid contact with dust, dirt etc. I got her thru Area Agency on Aging for a reduced cost. (They are everywhere). I needed an AC taken out I would ask a neighbor, pay a handy man, or call Area Agency on Aging. Being unable to walk does not mean one is helpless and unable to ask for help when needed. Do some research about what is in your local area.

• reme_1

your main sentence makes NO sense at all.

If you belong to a church or a social group you might want to put up a note asking for some assistance. You may have to pay a handy man to do the work for you.

• Ala

Have you tried contacting the disability agencies near you?

some do most of it by themselves, they have adapted their home.

in the US?

insurance does not typically pay for a housekeeper/maid/handyman which is what you are describing, they only pay for medically necessary care.

if you can't even make a sandwich or get a bowl of cereal for yourself, you might qualify for limited home health care (maybe 1 hour per day) that would cover meal prep, laundry, minimal cleaning in many cases....not the AC.

you can try contacting churches, I did...churches, synagogues, muslim....the only response I got was christian...that they didn't have the personnel to help.

a neighbor? sure, i asked a friend/neighbor to take out the garbage for me when I was in so much pain I could barely walk around my home holding on to a crutch to stay upright...she agreed, but never showed...

another time I asked a neighbor to just help me put an AC in, i said I could lift it, but needed 2 hands to hold it. I just needed him to close the window on the AC. he refused saying he could not lift more than 10 pounds....

So q cripled maid/butler