Am I fired?

This one's a real twister. I was recently hired a week ago at this new job. Well, today I've just received an email from them giving the usual "we decided to proceed with others candidates" email. I'm alittle confused, am I fired or what? And I will talk to them tomorrow.

Really appreciate the feedback guys, but I may be off the hook this time. The email was actually from a one of the multiple positions I applied for within the company. I'll still look into it though. 

Best Answer

Email was probably a mess up.

If you were told that you got a job and now you receive an email that means there must be an error somewhere you should ask for clarity from them.

This sounds like a mistake. I think their computer system is programmed to send these e-mails to everyone who applied and they forgot to tell it to skip whomever they actually hired.

• Judy

Sounds like the email is just a mistake. good luck

if you were fired I think they would have told you in a different way. good luck, I think I'm losing my job. I'm a single mom and so nervous about bills. I hope things work out for you I know how stressful it can be.

Yes you are 100% fired!

You were on a 3 month probation period, which means a company can fire you for even breathing the wrong way, basically the first 3 months are a "lets see what you can do" try out. They tried you out, and they felt you weren't the right fit for the job, and are now looking for other replacements, hence the "We decided to proceed with other candidates".

I've had that happen to me once! I got hired to work at a banquet hall, I put in an 8 hour shift, the next day the manager called me in and said "thanks for your work, but we are going to go with other candiates, here is where you can pick up your paycheque __________". I was never called back in, nor have I heard back from them. Ironically, I am back working at that same unviersity, just not in the same division.

I am guessing that the email was a screw-up.

Could be a mistake. Some people are too lazy to remove names from the mass mailing list so it’s possible that the lazy *** forgot to remove your name after you got hired.

Until your boss takes you to his office and tells you that you’ve been let go, you’re still hired.

• .

You will find out when you talk to them tomorrow

• Jay

Am I psychic?????????