Should i let my child go to a sleepover?

and if not tell me the reasons why?

my daughter she is 6-years old (btw, sorry)

A few things

1. How well do you know her friends parents?

2. Has your daughter ever been away from home over night?

3. Is she able to use the washroom in the night, without wetting the bed?

4. Who will all be there?

My advice would be as long as your child is OK with sleeping over at her friends, and that she has a way of contacting you in case she wants to come home during the middle of the night, that the parents have all your contact info etc.

Keep in mind every child is different, some are ready and some aren't, only you know your daughter! I can tell you that I have a niece who is 6 and she has yet to sleep over at her friends house, though she is fine spending the night at her aunts (my sister), or up at her grandfathers. She gets anxious when in a new place, and she usually will crawl into bed with whichever adult is there, she's never asked to sleep over at her friends, and I doubt she's ready.

Again, you are the parent here, only you can decide this.

• Nunya

There is no logical reason to do it other than to please your child. You are basically sending your child over to another house so that she can be taken care of by other people. They will spend their resources trying to feed her and whatnot. If something happens they will be held responsible. 

Do you know the other child's parents that much? There are stories of children being groped. Let me ask you one question. Is a child asking for the sleepover or an adult?

That depends. Is your child old enough and mature enough to be away from you overnight? Do you know the parents or guardians of the child who is having the sleep over? Do you trust them to keep your child safe? Does your child have any other issues that would make it difficult?

Only you would know the answers to these questions.

• A.J.

Is he/she responsible? Will there be an adult present? How old is he/she? Who else will be there?

The answer to the question requires knowledge about your child and the type of event.

Yes. I was allowed to go to sleepovers since I was 5 or 6