When am I too old for trick or treating?

So, my parents told me they stopped trick or treating around 22, and I'm only 14, but I feel so bad-- like it's wrong or something. I'm a 5'1 short n' chubby 8th grader and I've always had anxiety about trick or treating. I would hate for someone to say "Sorry you're to old for trick or treating, it's for kids." Just the thought of it makes me wanna cry. When will people start saying this to me??  

13 Answers

Relevance
  • Cogito
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

It's fine for kids under about 10. Any older than that, and it would be embarrassing.

It's time to grow up!

• 1 month ago

I feel like it used to be more acceptable for older kids to go, but it's become less appropriate nowadays. Maybe go to some kind of costume party or something instead

• drip
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Late at night I get teens trick or treating, since I have left over candy I am happy to give it to them.

As long as you are in a costume I will hand out candy no matter what your age is,

• reme_1
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

See if any schools or businesses or Zoo is offering a special trick or treat night.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Sarah
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

I think you should make 8th grade your last year. That was my last year and no one said anything about my age, but I think trick or treating should be stopped in high school as that's when you're more likely to be able to buy your own candy, and if you can't, tough luck! Enjoy it now!

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Find a small child to take. My friend's son took the 5 year old - he was 14 - as a baby dragon on a leash and got more candy than ever before.

"Oh what an adorable little dragon! Here you are! And you'd better have some too, dragon keeper!"

• 1 month ago

teens can go trick or treating also.

u can go trick or treating or hand out candies.

Source(s): When I hand out candies to trick or treaters, some teens can go trick or treating as well.
  • 1 month ago

Anyone over eight years of age should stay home on Halloween, doing laundry and repairing the roof.

• Kidddas
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

or handing out candies to trick or treaters 

• 1 month ago

When YOU decide you're too old, that's when you're too old.

• A C
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

13 ......................

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.