patty
patty asked in Entertainment & MusicMovies · 4 weeks ago

brad pitt said he was worried about the future of movies. Is there a future?

Considering they don't even need actors anymore with all the technology they have... it's quite possible that the middle man could be phased out entirely eventually. I wouldn't say that the future of movies is bust, as much as the big bucks going to actors could be phased out. Why shell out millions to actors, if you don't need them? Movies are still big business, and I just don't see them going away. Directors will probably be fine.

Do you have a source? I would like to read his full comments before commenting on them.

• David

A little. I mean with the acquisition of Fox Studios, Disney owns practically everything.

Marvel, Star Wars, 20st Century Fox, Pixar, National Geographic, ABC, A&E, ESPN, FX, History Channel, Lifetime, and many many more.

The problem with that is that big studios are more focused on big-budget movies that will do well with international markets and make back tons of money. They're less willing to take chances with independent movies, artsy movies, small budget movies with only domestic release, or on content that is more controversial.

The industry is changing--and has been for 50 years now.  People already involved in the business fear coming changes, but they benefited from previous changes that they might not even be aware of. 

There are more movies being made today than ever before.  There are more major players in the industry--like Amazon, YouTube, Netflix, etc.  Movie theaters are in big trouble (but that's been going on for quite a while).  If you were to leave today and come back 20 years from now, you'd certainly notice changes!  But there would still be movies.

Yeah I’ve got tickets for a movie tomorrow. That’s in the future