Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthGeneral Health CarePain & Pain Management · 1 month ago

Now that a majority of society has made Drs scared to prescribe pain killers that work, what is someone suppose to do when OTC's don't work?

You see a rheumatologist, a specialist in treating pain. It's hard to get an appointment, so you may have to wait a couple of months.

My husband had severe knee pain because it had no cartilage. The pain meds made him woozy and didn t do much for the pain. I bought DLPA, a quality brand, and he took one tablet half-hour before a meal. The pain was gone in two days. He never had it anymore. DLPA is almost as good as morphine, and eventually you can take less and less of it, unlike pain pills.

One thing: If you have anxiety disorders DLPA will make you hyper. I don t take it because it gives me the jitters. My husband s brother took it for a severe abscess and didn t have pain for weeks (until he was able to see his dentist).